PANDAS and PANS in School Settings: A Handbook for Educators
Primary: PANDAS and PANS in School Settings: A Handbook for Educators.pdf - 40,969 KB/Sec
Mirror [#1]: PANDAS and PANS in School Settings: A Handbook for Educators.pdf - 40,659 KB/Sec
Mirror [#2]: PANDAS and PANS in School Settings: A Handbook for Educators.pdf - 20,211 KB/Sec
- Childhood Interrupted: The Complete Guide to PANDAS and PANS
- PANS, CANS, and Automobiles: A Comprehensive Reference Guide for Helping Students with PANDAS and PANS
- In A Pickle Over PANDAS
- Shadow Syndromes: Shining a Light on PANS and Other Inflammation Based Illnesses Plaguing Today's Youth
- Saving Sammy: A Mother's Fight to Cure Her Son's OCD
- A Child's Introduction to Understanding PANDAS
- P A N D A S: Reaching out - A natural and homeopathic approach
- What to Do When Your Brain Gets Stuck: A Kid's Guide to Overcoming OCD (What-to-do Guides for Kids)
- Outsmarting Worry: An Older Kid's Guide to Managing Anxiety
- Healing the New Childhood Epidemics: Autism, ADHD, Asthma, and Allergies: The Groundbreaking Program for the 4-A Disorders
PANDAS (Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorders Associated with Strep) and PANS (Pediatric Acute-Onset Neuropsychiatric Syndrome) occur when an abnormal immune response produces brain inflammation, leading to unusual psychological symptoms in children. Symptoms can include OCD, tics, ADHD, anxiety disorders, sensory issues and marked personality changes.
This practical handbook explains how educators can distinguish between these symptoms and pre-existing conditions, and offers strategies for supporting students with PANDAS and PANS in school settings. Contributions from experts provide educators with the understanding needed to be able to collaboratively identify PANDAS and PANS, and carry out effective interventions. As the rate of incidence of PANDAS and PANS increases, this book will be an essential resource for school staff in getting to grips with these complex disorders and overcoming the challenges they present.