Book Title: Creating the Anywhere, Anytime Classroom: A Blueprint for Learning Online in Grades K-12 (Enrich the online and blended classroom experience)
Publisher: Solution Tree
Author: Casey Reason
As technology continues to shift the educational landscape, most K-12 teachers' instructional strategies remain mostly unchanged. Discover how to enhance student learning in online and blended classrooms. This user-friendly resource offers direct guidance on the steps K-12 educators must take to facilitate online learning and maximize student growth using readily available digital tools. Each chapter includes suggestions, tips, and examples tied to pedagogical practices associated with learning online, so you can confidently and fully engage in the best practices with your students.
- Use technology tools like online classroom platforms and apps to foster digitally enhanced learning.
- Understand the benefits of learning online and its advantages over traditional real-world classrooms.
- Learn how to effectively facilitate digital learning experiences and organize the online learning space in a way that encourages comfort, motivation, and engagement.
- Study the challenges and opportunities teaching online offers.
- Gain strategies and examples to help initiate and sustain digital learning while engaging students.
Chapter 1: Understanding the Modality and the Moment
Chapter 2: Planning Curriculum, Assessment, and Preinstruction
Chapter 3: Preparing the Learning Experience
Chapter 4: Initiating the Learning Experience
Chapter 5: Maintaining the Momentum in the Learning Experience
Chapter 6: Teaching Thoughtful Online Collaboration
Chapter 7: Managing and Overcoming Toxic Conversations
Chapter 8: Concluding the Learning Experience